SUMMIT WORKSHOPS 2016
MORNING SESSIONS 10:45 A.M.-NOON.
- Collaborations For Change: How to secure volunteers, sponsors, support for neighborhood projec
- Diversity In Entrepreneurship: Ensuring business opportunities for all groups.
- Home Buying in Detroit: How to use Detroit Land Bank and bank programs for home purchases.
- Organizing/Planning: How to form block clubs, develop neighborhood strategies & build coalitions.
- Positively Programing Youth: Connecting young people to programs to help them make good life choices.
- Public Safety: Crime fighting strategies, neighborhood patrols, volunteer programs, peace walk, etc.
AFTERNOON SESSIONS: 1:45 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Alternative Funding: How to use social media for funding for community projects.
- District Manager Forum: Using District Manager services to fight blight and improve neighborhoods.
- Getting To Next Level: How to connect your group to funding and strategic planning programs.
- Hire It Done: Overcoming job barriers, connecting to training and job programs.
- Neighborhood Comebacks: Learning tools neighborhoods use to grow stronger, attract new residents.
- Next Generation Leaders: Grooming millennials and other yourth to become neighborhood leaders.